[NYCkayaker] SUP's and pfd's - citations issued

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Wed May 15 16:18:49 EDT 2013

Ray , what exactly are the boundaries ( Distances , Markers/Buoys ) for Kayaks/personal watercraft ? Is it they self explanatory ? I would like to paddle out there this summer . Thanks Stephen .

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Fusco <Ray@rayfuscoinc.com>
To: NYC Water Trail <nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>; nyckayaker post <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Wed, May 15, 2013 2:31 pm
Subject: [NYCkayaker] SUP's and pfd's - citations issued

Hello everyone,

I attended the Harbor Ops meeting today and learned a few SUP paddlers launching
from LIberty State Park ended up on LIberty Island.  They were picked up and
written a citation for breach of the security zone and for not having a PFD's.

Please be diligent around security zones and for SUP paddlers - wear or at least
bring your pfd.  SUP's have been recently classified as a vessel by USCG and you
need a PFD on board.

thanks,
ray
service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail
Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org