[NYCkayaker] SUP's and pfd's - citations issued

Gordon, Peter pgordon@tc.edu
Wed May 15 16:04:39 EDT 2013

What's an SUP?
BTW I think we're supposed to refer to PFDs as lifejackets now!

Peter

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM, <baptowicz@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ray:  Thanks for the info. Liberty Island can be a very tough place to
> paddle near. I had also left the Park one early AM and had a lovely paddle
> to Manhattan. But the wind kicked up on return in the early evening but
> much worse was all the tour boat traffic and they were all right at the
> edge of the restricted zone - right where I needed to paddle. I really
> didn't like being that close to several 100' foot boats in relatively heavy
> seas. I wish there was a narrow zone just for us.
>
> Bruce Aptowicz

Peter Gordon, Associate Professor
1155 Thorndike Hall
Teachers College, Columbia University, Box 180
525 W120th St.
New York, NY 10027
Phone: 212 678-8162
Fax:     212 678-8233