[NYCkayaker] SUP's and pfd's - citations issued

William haawill@yahoo.com
Thu May 16 11:14:07 EDT 2013

citations issued for people coming to Liberty Island  ... wow ... kindof antithetical eh?

Yea, I know, the PFDs , or lack thereof, but come on Homeland Security "for your own protection" people ... I'm sure no one up to devious and malicious plans would EVER think of coming to Liberty or Ellis on the ferry.

Will / NJ
Looksha IV ... before there was a IV

________________________________
From: "bonnie13@earthlink.net" <bonnie13@earthlink.net>
To: Ray Fusco <Ray@rayfuscoinc.com>; nyckayaker <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] SUP's and pfd's - citations issued

Thanks for the note about the lifejacket requirements for SUP's, I hadn't heard that and if I'd been asked I think I would said "Really good idea to wear but not sure it's actually required".

I'm really sort of floored that people could think it would be OK to just paddle out and land on Liberty Island, though. Did they mean to or did they just get messed up with currents and scramble for the first place they could make it to shore?