[NYCkayaker] Distinguishing Volunteers on the Water

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Fri May 17 22:47:08 EDT 2013

Whoops. Sorry, forgot you'd tried hats. Maybe Velcro a nylon sheet with
your printed logo onto the back of a pfd?

Erik

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Janet Handy
Sent: 5/17/2013 8:52 PM
To: NYCKAYAKER LISTSERV
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Distinguishing Volunteers on the Water
I am curious about how other boathouses distinguish volunteers from
guests on the water during public programs.  Inwood Canoe Club has
tried T-shirts and they didn't seem to stand out that well under
pfd's.  We have these crazy neon green baseball hats that are great
for helping guests find ICC volunteers, but some of our volunteers
don't like hats at all or want a brim all the way around.

What do other Clubs do?

thanks,

Janet Handy
Commodore
Inwood Canoe Club
inwoodcanoeclub.com
a public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River
Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org