[NYCkayaker] Great Swamp

Alan Bergman berg.people@verizon.net
Wed May 29 22:31:03 EDT 2013

For several years now, our paddling club has discussed kayaking on the Great Swamp, yet we have not done so.  This time we are seriously looking at a possible trip in mid-late July.

The four questions that we have are: 1) is that a good time of year to paddle there? 2) does it make any difference launching in morning versus afternoon? 3) what is the best put-in site?  4) should we paddle round-trip or only in one direction and park cars at a take-out site?

Thanks kindly,
Alan Bergman
North Shore Kayak Club
Port Washington, NY