[NYCkayaker] First Week of Citizens Water Quality Testing Program reults

Nancy Brous nbrous@gmail.com
Thu May 30 11:35:41 EDT 2013

The first week of Citizens Water Quality Testing Program results are posted
at http://www.nycwatertrail.org/water_quality.html
Next sampling is today and every Thursday thereafter all summer.  Samples
are collected by volunteers at non-motorized boat launch sites and other
access points in and around NYC and transported to our partner, The River
Project, for testing for enterococcus, a good indicator of human pathogens.
 Results are posted each Friday night, tabulated with rainfall and high and
low tide.
Come see 2013's first tests and last year's full season results and follow
the program as we plot another season to learn more about how rainfall and
tidal currents affects water quality in out estuary.
For questions or to get involved, contact water-quality@nycwatertrail.org